Author Topic: What have I been up to? (pic heavy)  (Read 6208 times)

Offline Andre's Wood Works aka: TheDecoyDude

• Custom Call Maker
Re: What have I been up to? (pic heavy)
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 01:23:40 AM »
Here is a sneak peek of what my set up looks like. I can't believe how much equipment I used to make something so small (practically everything I use is on the bench). It is almost done. Not sure if I'm gonna post the final result until the end of the competition though... ~Andre

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 10:30:14 AM »
I decided that I couldn't just leave you all at that, so here is the almost finished picture and one of the feet that I'm making. Feet are DIFFICULT to get perfect :stickman1: They are made from copper wire and solder mostly as well as epoxies and other adhesives. It's a rather long process. ~Andre

Offline Justin at JM Woodworking

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 03:33:56 PM »
 :eek: WOW!!! how many hours do you think it has taken you? those feet look real man! that's some real talent!
AKA FranchiFowler

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 04:52:56 PM »
Thanks so much! I wish I had an answer for that question (the most commonly asked one for many carvers). If you did not included studying reference I would say upwards of 80hrs. I really am not sure though... :huh: I know a duck takes me about 300-350hrs though. ~Andre

Offline Wes

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 11:51:04 PM »
Good looking Bunting , that and Gold finches are my favorite little birds to do. Nice work on the feet , I have tried all different ways to make them and they all take time to make them look right and yours look good, Well done , look forward to seeing it all finished......

Wes
There is a fine line between hobby  and mental illness .