Author Topic: Sound Boards  (Read 1423 times)

BCS Outdoors

Sound Boards
« on: April 15, 2012, 09:55:53 PM »
Hello, I am new to the site. I am very interested in call making. The biggest question that comes to mind about pot calls to me is sound boards. wood, acrylic? what pros and cons do these have, what about aluminum? thank you, any advice will be appreciated

Offline Aaron at Wingerts Woodworks

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
    • Wingert's Woodworks
Re: Sound Boards
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 12:58:23 AM »
Welcome to THO. 

Soundboards are placed insided the call, underneath the playing surface.  You can make them from wood, acrylic, glass, various metals and slate.  Glass is a good starter material and will work with any playing surface.  Aluminum is a great sounboard.  Slate can be a little delicate as a soundboard if the call is dropped, as it can easily shear off the pedestal.  Soundboards should be placed no more than 1/8" under the underside of the playing surface.  Use plumber's Goop to adhere your soundboards and surfaces. 

Every question you couple possibly think of has been asked and answered in this forum, so get comfy and start reading through previous threads, use the search feature and read all the tutorials.  If you have any question don't hesitate to ask.