Author Topic: Sign up for the traveling turkey call (updated, shipping order)  (Read 13003 times)

Offline Gouldman

• New Forum Member
  • Goulds Custom Calls & Custom Bands
    • Gould's Custom Calls
Re: Sign up for the traveling turkey call (updated, shipping order)
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 04:43:05 PM »
Got to hunt the call a couple days...interesting spring to say the least, weather hasnt been to best.
Worked  two birds in opening morning and had a fox bust the birds out in front of my buddy and I, the birds were 60 yds or so and closing when this fox decides the try and catch one. They busted and flew up in the trees, they dropped back to the ground a little later but got out of there in a hurry. Worked a few birds 2nd day but nothing doing they had hens with em. Sent the call out to sharpshooter Tuesday. Good Luck Guys,  Ron
Of all the things I've lost while call making...its my mind I miss the most.
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.

Offline KFB Game Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 07:14:54 PM »
Brother that sure is a beauty! Can't wait to have my turn. :bigup:

Tony
KFB Game Calls It's the last thing they'll ever hear... Ka Frickin' Boom!!

Offline Gouldman

• New Forum Member
    • Gould's Custom Calls
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 04:59:54 PM »
Spoke to Sharpshooter, he said he had some bad weather and the birds wouldn't cooperate.
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.

Offline jcz

• New Forum Member
  • You want some??
    • Trophygamecalls
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 07:59:32 PM »
The call got to me today. I'm going to hunt her tomorrow and Friday morning. I know JWT has only a few days to use her so I will get her in the mail at lunch time friday.

Ron, she looks and sounds awesome!! I really like the purpleheart striker. It sounds great on that slate.
August Call Makers Throwdown Winner
http://www.trophygamecalls.embarqspace.com/

Offline Gouldman

• New Forum Member
    • Gould's Custom Calls
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 08:43:04 PM »
I've been so busy I really hadnt thought much about what Aaron said would be done with the call after its travels. My thoughts would be to give it to Al.... just like the duck call, that way he has the first travelin calls, they wouldnt even exsist had it not been for this site. So I think I'll send it to him afterwards.   Any thoughts?      Ron

Offline sharpshooter

• New Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 10:59:51 AM »
I had my chance with the traveling call. It looks and sounds great by the way. Like Ron said, the birds were acting weird on the first day and I gully washer came on Sunday and rained me out. The gobblers liked the call a lot but with the hens and their general crazyness, I just couldn't seal the deal this time.  :stickman1:
Good luck, hope y'all have better luck than I did.  :hunter1:
If I can see it I can hit it, If I can hit it I can kill it.

Offline Gouldman

• New Forum Member
    • Gould's Custom Calls
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 11:21:19 AM »
Got a bird yesterday with a call made to the same specs as the travelin call, I posted it in the turkey huntin section.  :hunter1:

Offline jcz

• New Forum Member
  • You want some??
    • Trophygamecalls
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 01:36:39 PM »
Well I didn't get a shot at a bird. It wasn't for lack of trying. I hunted all day yesterday and til noon today. Saw a bunch of birds and could have killed a jake. We had 4 of them within 10 yards. I decided to pass on the jake because there were 5 gobblers on the other side of the field. All of them had 10+'' beards on them.
This morning I had one of those gobblers hammering at 75 yards and I couldn't talk him into range. 
Traveling call is now on its way to Waylon. Hope he sees as much action with it as I did. I had a great two days of hunting with it.

Offline Waylon at JWT Custom Game Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 03:19:24 PM »
I got the traveling turkey call today, but sadly won't get to hunt it, I have to head back to work this evening. I had to open it though and take a peak at it. Man, Ron sure does Make pretty call and sounds awesome. Put in back in the box and it will be on its way to Corey. Good luck.
Waylon.
JWT Custom Calls THO Member Gallery
Facebook-JWT Custom Game Calls

Offline jcz

• New Forum Member
  • You want some??
    • Trophygamecalls
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2012, 08:41:56 PM »
Booooooooo...........  Sorry man. We should have switched the order up so you could have gotten it sooner.

Offline Gouldman

• New Forum Member
    • Gould's Custom Calls
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 09:05:51 PM »
Darn hate to hear you didnt get to take it out.

Offline Ulrich's Custom Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2012, 04:30:51 PM »
just got the call in the mail today. Tomorrow is our opening day so I will be hunting with it then. The call looks great and sounds even better. I got my barrel cam all set up and hopefully it will get to record some action tomorrow.

Corey

• New Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2012, 01:24:01 PM »
Well got to hunt the traveling call this morning. Didn't get one but had one going all morning. He really liked the sounds coming from the call. He started gobbling on the roost a bit after 6 and once he hit the ground he wouldn't shut up. He was down over a knob where we couldn't see him. At first he was moving our way then headed off to our left and then came back in front of us all the while gobbling his head off. He just wouldn't come close enough to show himself. He finally shut up and that was the last we heard from him and he was the only bird we heard all morning. I am going to get the call in the mail on Monday and on its way to the next guy.

Corey

• New Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 12:34:10 PM »
just put the call in the mail about 10 minutes ago, thanks for letting me be a part of this it was a real honor and the call is awesome

Offline Gouldman

• New Forum Member
    • Gould's Custom Calls
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2012, 11:04:30 AM »
Sounds like you got close Corey......     Alright who's gonna pull the trigger......???  :hunter1: