Author Topic: My boys discovering the outdoors  (Read 2182 times)

Offline Aaron at Wingerts Woodworks

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • Custom Call Maker
    • Wingert's Woodworks
My boys discovering the outdoors
« on: February 19, 2012, 03:42:48 PM »
Took my twin boys Alex and Zack (27 months) to the gun club yesterday, where we have some ponds.  I figured they'd enjoy running around in the woods, but they discovered the joys of throwing rocks in the ponds.  They must've each thrown 300 rocks.  It was muddy, and momma was not happy when she saw the condition their jeans came home in!   :whistling:

• Custom Call Maker
    • Wingert's Woodworks
Re: My boys discovering the outdoors
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 03:47:20 PM »
Alex, the one in the foreground, was not pleased when it was time to leave.  He had a complete two year old temper tantrum and screamed like I was killing him.  Regardless of that, being out there with those little guys gets me excited for the coming months and years.  Can't wait to take them out there for camping, fishing and eventually shooting!!!

Offline Shane at S.P. Custom Calls

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 05:05:22 PM »
KC.  You will have a blast when they start going with you. I son went turkey hunting with me when he was 6. Just get ready for alot of questions. :bigup: My son shot his first Greenhead this year and it was priceless.

Shane
S.P. Game Calls(flydowntn)

Trust GOD

Offline Donnie

• Custom Call Maker
    • http://www.facebook.com/kennedy.penwerks
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 11:30:25 PM »
Aaron... I think you have the right idea. When I take my kids to the water to fish they just want to throw rocks and play in the mud so maybe that should be the plan from the beginning. I'd end up much less frustrated and at the end of the day we can just go to the grocery store and buy fish.

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • Custom Call Maker
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 11:53:20 PM »
Nest time take them a change of clothes. then dip th muddy ones in he lake o get mos of the crud off. That will holp with mama. Just a suggestion.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

• Custom Call Maker
    • Wingert's Woodworks
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 01:43:45 AM »
Nest time take them a change of clothes. then dip th muddy ones in he lake o get mos of the crud off. That will holp with mama. Just a suggestion.

You are truly wise my friend.   :yes: