Author Topic: THO 2013 Big Turkey Contest  (Read 4505 times)

Offline Prairie Game Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • Custom Call Maker
    • Prairie Calls
THO 2013 Big Turkey Contest
« on: February 10, 2012, 10:05:04 PM »
Here are the rules as they stand get shooting and get posting  :hunter1:

#1. All entries must be from the 2013 spring turkey season.

#2. All entries must be of a Lawfully taken turkey and hunter must have the proper state required tag & permit.

#3 All scores will be based on Length of Spurs X 10 + Length of the Beard X 2 = Final Score

#4. You may post more than one bird but only the score for your largest bird will be used as your score entry. (only one entry per person for score)

#5. All ties will be broken by the bird that was entered and posted first.

#6. To enter a bird you must have the beard attached to the bird and the spurs attached to the leg and show proof of length as in a ruler/tape next to spurs and beards.

#7. Entries must be in the form of a picture showing proof of measurement, the date and THO Forum clearly printed on a piece of paper in the picture. Additional information is always encouraged.

#8. Winner will be determined by individual score.

#9. The board Admins and Mods will have the right to reject any entry that has been unlawfully entered. Any entry that has not adhered to State, Federal or these specific contest rules will be removed and entry will not have recourse against this board or it's members. By entering a bird into the contest you have agreed to these rules and respect the Boards Admins and Mods decisions.

#10. No need to pre-register for the contest just shoot your bird and make your entry as long as you are a member in good standing entries will be accepted from Starting March 1 2013 to June 1st 2013. Birds shot before tomorrows start date maybe entered provided they are entered following these rules and guidelines.

#11. Winner will receive a prize from the THO Forum acknowledging the winner of the 2013 Spring Turkey Contest. You will also have the Bragging rites to attach to your signature line.

Good Luck to All and SAFE Hunting!!!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 12:09:42 PM by Prairie Game Calls »
July Winner Of the Call Makers Throw Down!!
Listed in Earl Mickels Last Book
Silver Life Member NWTF

Offline Don Morse

• Custom Call Maker
    • Rattlesnake Custom Rods & Tackle
Re: THO 2013 Big Turkey Contest
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 02:31:23 PM »
Don't wanna rock the boat and all rules seem fair but.....#5? Our first season doesn't even start till April 22nd.  :stickman1:
God Bless......Don
Lapeer, Michigan
Rattlesnake Custom Rods & Tackle
Michigan Rod Builders
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says, "Dam!"

Offline Prairie Game Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • Custom Call Maker
    • Prairie Calls
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 03:50:05 PM »
OK let me start off first by saying this isn't like some kind of money contest. I make a prize up every year for Free and send it off to the winners out of my own pocket and I award everyone who enters a bird. With that being said I think the rules are extremely fair as in if you need to get a jump on the season to win this contest then book a hunt in the southern states which open much earlier. But is it fair that you open in late April and others seasons open in March and lets just say they get a big bird and forget to enter it. You get one the opener and enter it the same day all of a sudden it's May 16 and the guy that killed the bird in March remembers to enter the bird and it's the same size as yours  :oops: So the morel to the story is the early bird don't always get the worm sometimes the bird that pays attention to what is important to them gets the reward. Late entries have happened in several contest I have run on different Message boards. Ties very seldom happen and when they do it goes to the person who posted their bird up first so with all that I stick to my guns and #5 stays as stated. Thank you,

Larry

Larry
July Winner Of the Call Makers Throw Down!!
Listed in Earl Mickels Last Book
Silver Life Member NWTF

Offline Don Morse

• Custom Call Maker
    • Rattlesnake Custom Rods & Tackle
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 03:57:12 PM »
I didn't mean anything negative by posting this. It is a great thing you are doing, I am just frustrated that I am seeing tons of birds and can't do anything about it until the end of April. Thanks for doing this. Good luck.
God Bless......Don
Lapeer, Michigan
Rattlesnake Custom Rods & Tackle
Michigan Rod Builders
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says, "Dam!"

Offline Marshall's Custom Calls

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 04:36:39 PM »
Season in Ohio doesn't come in till April 22nd either and I always see plenty of birds (my friends shot)

, but I'm just excited to be using my own calls!!
David Marshall, of Marshall's Custom Calls

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • Custom Call Maker
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 04:43:55 PM »
I live in NH, our season opens May 3rd.   You want to talk about being frustrated?   

Al @ THO

Offline Mac Dietrich

• Tutorial Contributor
  • Custom Call Maker
    • McClain Dietrich Custom Game Calls
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 06:05:35 PM »
@ Al I'd go nuts if I had to wait till May for them dirty birds!!!! It must stay real cold up there for quite some time or do the birds just not start breading till then?

Offline Brad Robinson at Brushbuster Game Calls

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 06:30:33 PM »
OK let me start off first by saying this isn't like some kind of money contest. I make a prize up every year for Free and send it off to the winners out of my own pocket and I award everyone who enters a bird. With that being said I think the rules are extremely fair as in if you need to get a jump on the season to win this contest then book a hunt in the southern states which open much earlier. But is it fair that you open in late April and others seasons open in March and lets just say they get a big bird and forget to enter it. You get one the opener and enter it the same day all of a sudden it's May 16 and the guy that killed the bird in March remembers to enter the bird and it's the same size as yours  :oops: So the morel to the story is the early bird don't always get the worm sometimes the bird that pays attention to what is important to them gets the reward. Late entries have happened in several contest I have run on different Message boards. Ties very seldom happen and when they do it goes to the person who posted their bird up first so with all that I stick to my guns and #5 stays as stated. Thank you,

Larry

Larry
What?! No money?!! :pot:
nice of you to do this Larry
I don't always think what I type

Offline Chris at Owens Custom Calls

• Custom Call Maker
    • Owens Custom Calls
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 07:51:19 PM »
How does a march 15th opener sound?

Offline Marshall's Custom Calls

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 08:50:46 PM »
Sooooo jealous! ^^^^
David Marshall, of Marshall's Custom Calls

Offline sharpshooter

• Custom Call Maker
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 10:55:31 PM »
I have a March 16 opener for these Rio Grandes down here
If I can see it I can hit it, If I can hit it I can kill it.

Offline Carolina Custom Calls

• Custom Call Maker
    • carolinacustomcalls
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 06:38:57 PM »
Im with Chris.  March 15th.  That means only 7 more days for me.