Author Topic: Daughters Knife  (Read 2241 times)

woodwzrd

Daughters Knife
« on: January 29, 2012, 04:57:39 PM »
My daughters boyfriend collects unique knives and she asked me to help her make him one and this is what she came up with. The handle is green spectraply from Curtis with about eight coats of tru oil. I cut the scales to a rough shape and she did the rest.

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
Re: Daughters Knife
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 10:53:43 PM »
Very nice. I like making knives. They are a nice change from he turning stuff and look great when done like your daughters does. nice work on her part.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline Donnie

• New Forum Member
    • http://www.facebook.com/kennedy.penwerks
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 11:48:42 AM »
The knife is great, and getting to work with your kid is even greater! I sure hope my daughter still has as much interest in my shop stuff as she does now when she is your daughters age.

I'm guessing you're satisfied with the knife blade its self, so where did you get it? I've searched around for them and have found quite a few places to buy them, but the prices vary so much I've held off. I don't know enough about steel to make an informed purchase and we all know that higher prices don't necessarily equate to a better product.

BLKDOGS

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 06:51:25 PM »
You and her did a great job!!!    Looks Sharp   :rofl: