Author Topic: Slip Stone  (Read 729 times)

Offline Wane

  • Custom Call Maker
  • ****
  • Posts: 554
  • Location: Blackduck, Minnesota
Slip Stone
« on: January 15, 2012, 11:30:02 PM »
So I have a  Slip Stone  but it dose not seem to touch the bur on my gouges so where can I get one that will and what kind should it be. Mine works well on my old cheap tools just not on the HSS ones. I thank you all for any help.

Offline Aaron at Wingerts Woodworks

  • Global Mentor & Moderator
  • Custom Call Maker
  • *
  • Posts: 7352
  • Location: Mission, KS
    • Wingert's Woodworks
Re: Slip Stone
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 01:40:04 PM »
I got a set of teardrop shaped slipstones at Craft Supplies USA.  I don't use them too often, but they're nice when I need them.