Author Topic: Received my Pin Mandrels  (Read 3530 times)

blacky

Received my Pin Mandrels
« on: September 15, 2008, 05:52:43 PM »
I received the pin mandrels I ordered from Chad Burr, builderone, today and I am one happy camper.
I tried the 3/4" one and it works just super. I will try the other two, 5/8" and 1/2" tomorrow and I am sure they will work just as good.
These things make it so easy to turn barrels and stoppers for game calls. I really like the fact that I can change it around without having to remove the nut, washers and spacers from the 7mm mandrel each time.
Anyone who is interested in this type mandrel should contact Chad.

Offline Heirloom

• New Forum Member
  • PASS IT ON
Re: Received my Pin Mandrels
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 06:42:17 PM »
Calling Chad and Marvin both are on list of "'Round to its". I a sure they make soe great mandrels. At the moment, I got a whole lot of irons in the fire. I HAD to take a bit of a break today and play with Lil'Bit, go dump a truck load of scraps and take a nap.
Brian Warner
Heirloom Game Calls
 PASS IT ON
318-949-9008
heirloomgamecalls@yahoo.com

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
  • I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy
    • J.B. Calls
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 07:43:45 PM »
Gene, glad to hear you like them. Chad won't be in to cell phone range until Sunday but if he remembers to call I'll let him know. He was getting concerned why you hadn't got them before he left for his hunting trip.

John

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

JB Custom Calls

blacky

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 07:50:07 PM »
John, I appreciate your wanting to help and if you talk to him let him know I received them and am very happy. He called me before he left and I had no doubt that he shipped them when he said he did. I plan on sending him an email and PM so that he will know when he gets back.
I checked the postmark and it was Sept.2. It took 13 days for our wonderful USPS to get them from NY to WV. >:( >:(

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
    • J.B. Calls
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 08:02:35 PM »
Yeah and it's getting worse. I sent 3 calls to Oregon and was called a liar and a thief for not sending the calls "which I had done". It took 19 days from N.Y. to Oregon. I won't sell to that person again.

John
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

JB Custom Calls

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
    • J.B. Calls
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 08:37:31 PM »
I tried Chad's cell phone and caught him in some small town getting supplies. I told him you got the mandrels. I think he was as relieved as you were. LOL.. He said he hasn't got an elk yet but he did get  a mule deer. He said they may head back to N.Y. maybe Thursday or Friday unless they decide to stay through the weekend.

John

JB Custom Calls

blacky

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 09:07:06 PM »
Glad you got to talk with him. He seemed real concerned when we talked and wanted to send my money back but I told him I wanted the mandrels and if I hadn't received them by the time he returned he could send another order.
He seems like an real nice guy.

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
    • J.B. Calls
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 09:14:21 PM »
He's been a good kid. don't tell him I called him a kid. LOL.. He would give somebody the shirt off his back in a N.Y. blizzard if he thought you needed it. But that's a fathers point of view.  ;D

John

JB Custom Calls

Offline Heirloom

• New Forum Member
  • PASS IT ON
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 09:57:55 PM »
TOTALLY unbiased of course.....LOL ;D
Brian Warner
Heirloom Game Calls
 PASS IT ON
318-949-9008
heirloomgamecalls@yahoo.com