Author Topic: New Tool!!!  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Mark at Bad Medicine Game Calls

• New Forum Member
New Tool!!!
« on: October 08, 2011, 06:21:49 PM »
I have been wanting a band saw for quite some time now but I haven't had the money to drop on a new one.  My wife and I are looking at buying a house so any extra money we get goes to the savings for that..  Well as we were headed to look at some houses we saw a yard sale at a storage place, as we drove by I spotted a band saw so I turned around and checked it out.  Long story short I made an offer and picked up a 1950s? 12" Craftsman Bandsaw for 20 bucks.  got it home plugged it in and it started right up!!  It needs new tires but once I get those I'll be good to go!!  i'll post some pics when I get time but man is that thing solid its all cast iron and very smooth when running
Mark Levasseur

Brandon, VT

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.   Isaiah 40:31

Offline Ulrich's Custom Calls

• New Forum Member
Re: New Tool!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 06:32:10 PM »
sounds like a great find and you can't beat $20 bucks

Offline dogcatcher

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 06:56:06 PM »
Find the urethane tires, not sure who sells them, but they are better than the old rubber tires.  They also last a lot longer, do a Google for "urethane bandsaw tires" .

Marvin
Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
Old style calls for today's outdoorsman
"Call and they will come."
Helping those that are helping themselves.

Offline HaMeR

• New Forum Member
    • brightwoodturnings
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 08:06:42 PM »
Not sure if you found tires yet for the bandsaw so I thought I would post a link I just ran across a few minutes ago. Looks like all sizes can be had here. And altho I didn't delve into the site very deep I think they might even have spinners for em!!!!!!!!!   :2up: :2up:

Ohio's Boater Education Law
RIP Russ,Blaine,& Darrell!!

Glen

2014-15TBC-- 11

Offline Mark at Bad Medicine Game Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 08:11:46 PM »
Thanks HAMER I have found tires and I also found some new information on the saw.  It is a 1930's bandsaw made by Herbert Manufacturing Company,  who then broke off from Craftsman and made the wood wizard brand of tools.  Very cool stuff!!  I'll get pictures tomorrow and post them up!
Mark Levasseur

Brandon, VT

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.   Isaiah 40:31