Author Topic: Historic Long leaf Pine Calls  (Read 1511 times)

Bucko

Historic Long leaf Pine Calls
« on: September 29, 2011, 07:53:08 PM »
I've always had a liking for reclaimed historic wood and after a few e-mails and a phone conversation with Lee Tigner who uses such wood to make colonial era style furniture he had mentioned he would like his reclaimed longleaf pine which was harvested in the 19th century to be made into a deer call for himself. I stated I'll make him 2 and finish with tung oil in the style of his finishes in exchange to accept his offer of a box of the wood.
 The wood was a real joy to work with and still was as solid as could be although the smell of the pine was much different from my usual hardwoods. I was quite surprised while viewing his web site this week to see the calls on his gallery page. Follow the link http://earlyamericanfurnishings.com/?page_id=275&album=4&gallery=6 to the calls and enjoy his site. [click pics to enlarge]

Offline Jack at Mud Creek Game Calls

• New Forum Member
Re: Historic Long leaf Pine Calls
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 08:18:14 PM »
 :bigup:
The heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament shows his handiwork. Psalm 19:1

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
Re: Historic Long leaf Pine Calls
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 09:42:33 PM »
Wow, that is some beautiful wood and you did a really nice job on those calls too. I also loved the knife scales, those were just wonderful.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”