Author Topic: echo poly timber inserts  (Read 24452 times)

Offline Skegman

• New Forum Member
Re: echo poly timber inserts
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 04:29:15 PM »
Hey,   thanks for the warm welcome here are a few more duck calls with the Echo inserts. soon I will be learning how to cut my own but for now I use echo.
The first one is Tulip wood, middle is Rose wood, last is Cherry wood.
The second picture is a goose call that is all oak with a CA finish that AL had put on his site as a tutorial, man his method works great .... now I just have to learn how to take pictures better.........Thanks again ..... AL

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 08:53:03 PM »
Those are sure good lookiing calls. It sure makes me want to get some of those Echo inserts and try putting some calls together.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline ganderlander

• New Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 12:21:12 PM »
I wanted to say thanks for all the info. I also was wondering if anyone knew how to get ahold of the guy who makes turn4fun mandrels. Any info would be great thanks.

Offline VECtor Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 01:19:48 PM »
From everything I've read, turn4fun is MIA.  I think he's overloaded himself with work, and rather than send out a blanket response to everyone telling them this, he just has not been getting back with anyone.

Parker
Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls

Offline BigB

• THO Game Calls Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Byers Custom Calls THO gallery
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2008, 03:28:49 PM »

Here is a recent post from Shawn at turn4fun at CCO.
http://www.customcalls.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1200861846/0#0

and I did recently see some of his mandrels on ebay.

If you can't get ahold of Sean through pm over at CCO, here is another source for those types of mandrels
http://www.flinthillscalls.com/Mandrels.html

There is a huge debate on who created this type of mandrel first between those two guys.  It gets into an ugly debate every once in a while over at CCO as well.

I've got one of each - 1 from turn4fun and 1 from Flinthills.  They aren't identical, but really close.  Both have their good points, and both are good mandrels.

Brian
You won't get money rich in this hobby.  The richness is in the culture, the craft, the friends you meet along the way, and being able to call in a wary game animal with a call that you made with your own hands.

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2008, 07:39:10 PM »
I have a 5/8" expandable mandral on a #2MT and a 3/4" straight expandable mandral, both from Flint hill. The #2MT needs a draw bar to run by itself. The straight one works great in the PSI knock off chuck system similar to the Beale system. I am going to order one each of the straight in 1/2" and 5/8". They can really come in handy.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline Creekside Custom Calls

• New Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 06:06:27 AM »
Awesome calls and I like the inserts too  :).I have been using Echo inserts in some of my calls along with the ones from Grassy Creek.I like the way they look and sound.I also make my own and have found that to be an experience in itself  :o ;D.Anyway,Skegman,I love the chestnut.I have some wormy chestnut that a fellow gave me that is over 100 years old  :o.Some pretty stuff.have made a few barrels from it so far and it turned out great.Enjoied the pics everyone  ;) :).

Timber
Dont take life for granted and live it to its fullest !

Offline Curmudgeon

• New Forum Member
    • Tail Gunner Duck Calls
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 03:21:44 PM »
I know there is a reason you might want a timber call and an open water call, but I just go with a mix of single and double reed open water and tell them not to blow it louder than they want it! Of course, If I was charging good money, I may have to cater a bit more. I also tell anyone I give a call too where they can find other inserts if they want to fuss with it. I hunt rice fileds and open bays so I , personaly,have never heard a duck call that was too loud for me. We SCREAM at em down here on the Texas Gulf Coast. But we don't blind call....  ; D
June 2009 Call Makers Throwdown Winner !