Author Topic: echo poly timber inserts  (Read 24306 times)

Offline ganderlander

• New Forum Member
echo poly timber inserts
« on: February 21, 2008, 09:29:01 PM »
I was wondering what echo charges per insert for callmakers. Also are they any cheaper for larger orders. Any info would be great. Also does anyone else use these inserts with their barrels.

thanks
Matt
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 11:49:34 PM by Al_at_THO »

Offline VECtor Calls

• Global Mentor & Moderator
  • New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
Re: echo poly timber inserts
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 11:43:41 PM »
I use them, and they're $6 each, I'm pretty sure.  (Price just went up on Jan 1).  I've never hit another price tier if there is one.

You've got 4 choices:
single timber (for some reason, this is the only model you can get in clear)
double timber
single open
double open (this is the one my friends prefer)

Your color choices are green, smoke and bourbon.

Just give them a call, and they'll get you lined up quick.  Great guys to work with.  They've got great goose call inserts to work with too (clear or black)

Parker
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 12:01:25 AM by Parker »
Pass on the tradition. A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

VECtor Custom Calls
Deer Grunt Calls Turkey Calls and Other Custom Game Calls

Offline VECtor Calls

• New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 11:54:29 PM »
By the way, welcome to the site bud!   :D

(And I'll tell you up front, I'm first and foremost a turkey call maker.  I've expanded to making other kinds of calls because my customers have asked me to.  I don't call myself a duck call maker, and generally don't even tell people I make duck calls until they ask about them.  True custom duck call makers, that make their own tone boards, will shun you for using ECHO inserts.  I had to learn the hard way by posting pictures other places and getting slammed by custom duck call makers and collectors.  Just wanted to give you the heads-up since I saw you're just getting started.)

(And you WON'T be slammed here for posting pictures of duck calls with ECHO inserts here, I'll see to it.   ;)   ;D )  (I wanna see 'em.)

Parker

Here's one of my latest sad attempts at calling myself a custom duck call maker using an ECHO insert.   ;D

« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 11:58:29 PM by Parker »

VECtor Custom Calls

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 12:39:55 AM »
Hey Parker, a couple of things. I went to what I thought was the Echo site and could not find anything about their inserts. Can you post a link? Thanks.

Hey, the duck call picture I can see, so it must have something to do with the way it was posted. What did you do differently on this posting vs. the other posting that I was having problems with?

Lastly, that is a good looking duck call. Not being a duck call maker my self, I am looking for someplace to buy the inserts, for the same reason. I have some off Al's site that I have been using. Also you must get your background at the same store that I do.  ;D

Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 07:32:27 AM »
You guys floating a lot of 100 dollar bills around here - If I had a 100 bucks, I would go buy something for the shop LOL

Ask the significant other   ;D

As for poly inserts - you post all the pics you want of them.  THe THO Mffia will not allow bashing of anyones stuff -  We may be old, but we're sneaky - Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill   ;D

AL @ THO

Offline VECtor Calls

• New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 10:26:18 AM »
You'll just have to look at the contact information here:

http://www.echocalls.com/contactus.html

They don't talk about selling them on their website.  Pick your poison from the combos in my first reply to this thread.  If you make an order, do it over the phone.  Be prepared with what you want to order before you call, because they're always VERY busy folks.  There's a lot of demand for their products. 

Shipping is like 9 bucks I think, so buy quite a few at a time.

Here's the insert colors available (besides clear in the single timber:  smoke, green and bourbon

(Al, that dollar bill in that photo isn't really mine.  I just hold on to it for a day from my employer before I hand it to my mortgage company.   ::) )

Parker

« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 10:30:32 AM by Parker »

VECtor Custom Calls

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 10:33:20 AM »
:)

I feel your pain.

AL @ THO

Offline GN-1

• New Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 01:17:57 PM »
Let me tell you guys, there is no shame in using Echo inserts!! Rick makes some of the best sounding calls in the world! I have an Echo timber on my lanyard at all times, and probably blow it more than mine. If you decide to start making your own boards, Ricks sound is a good one to try and emulate (big word I learned from my word a day thing in my  e-mail)  ;D Shawn

Offline Braz

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 01:29:42 PM »
Well I have a little problem with purchasing the inserts. I have never hunted ducks, so when he says a timber, open water, etc, I just don't know what the heck he is talking about. It that a different sound for different kinds of ducks? I know there are mallards, sprigs, teals, etc, but don't know squat about the different sounds they make. I have to make a few duck calls for family members and just don't know what I am suppose to be getting to make them happy. Some insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline Homochitto Hollow

• New Forum Member
  • Most Wanted
    • Homochitto Hollow Woodworks
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 03:42:45 PM »
Open Water Calls are great for longer distances when hunting on big lakes or open fields. These calls generate a ringing hail call that will attract ducks at several hundred yards.  They are also very raspy, which is what you want when the ducks are far off. The Open Water Calls can also be blown softly when the ducks are in close. Timber Calls are designed especially for close in calling.  In my opinion, the Open Water Call is your best all around call.  Also, in my opinion, the only difference between the single and doulble reed is that the double reed tends to be a little easier to blow and produce a good sound.  In addition, the doulble reed call is less likely to stick when wet, which is what it will be most of the time.
Bubba

Homochitto Hollow Woodworks

www.homochittohollow.com

Offline GN-1

• New Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 07:33:54 AM »
Ditto what Bubba said! Braz, get a couple of each set up in single and double reed. They come pretuned so you can just let your customer decide which he would prefer. I love my single reed timber from Rick, but I hunt flooded timber and small holes mostly. If your buddies hunt flooded rice they will more than likely want the open water version. Shawn

Offline Braz

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 07:22:32 PM »
And if you are familiar with Northern Natzifornia, flooded rice is practically all the duck hunting. Sure, there are other areas, but predominately the rice fields.  So Open Water it will be. I'm not in a hurry now as duck season is over, but I do want to get some to play with before too long. Thanks for the heads up guys.
Braz

Offline Skegman

• New Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 09:48:13 AM »
Speaking about the Echo inserts here is a duck and goose call out of chestnut wood that is over 60 years old and the duck call has a Echo insert. I've been playing with call's for a few months now and its getting kinda addictive now......... Al

Offline VECtor Calls

• New Forum Member
  • VECtor Custom Calls
    • VECtor Custom Calls
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 11:31:38 AM »
Good looking work Skeg  ;D  Welcome to the site!

Feel free to show us some more of your work!

Parker

VECtor Custom Calls

Offline Braz

• Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 11:43:29 AM »
I like those, very nice. That chestnut is good looking stuff. Of course the turner had nothing to do with the calls looking great.  ;D
Braz