Author Topic: Looking for input - website  (Read 3682 times)

Offline wjskip

• New Forum Member
Looking for input - website
« on: September 04, 2008, 07:51:26 PM »
After looking at other penmaker sites and some the sites  here i am a bit apprehensive about asking for input.  The site was done with microsoft publisher so doesn't have all the bells and whistles.  Does the site load relatively quickly?  Are the pics clear enough to show the product?
Please let me know what you think. 
http://www.pensbybill.biz/
Thanks in advance
Bill

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
  • I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy
    • J.B. Calls
Re: Looking for input - website
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 08:41:35 PM »
Bill:
    I thought it loaded very fast and the pictures looked fine to me. The layout was easy to navigate. I liked it.

John
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

JB Custom Calls

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 09:36:43 PM »
Wow!  Nice site!  I mean it too.  You did a really nice job.  It loaded fine for me.  A really professional site!

Al @ THO
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 07:38:02 AM by Al_at_THO »

Offline HaMeR

• New Forum Member
    • brightwoodturnings
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 09:40:25 PM »
Excellent in all respects!!  ;D
RIP Russ,Blaine,& Darrell!!

Glen

2014-15TBC-- 11

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 10:10:50 PM »
Really nice site. Very fast loading, of course I am on a cable modem, easy to navigate, and great pictures. I found that the "Add to Cart" buttons were concealing some of the descriptions and the SOLD made it impossible to read what was sold. But overall, great site. Nice going.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline wjskip

• New Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 08:56:16 AM »
I appreciate the input.  When I started it, it seemed like a good idea.  I am not so sure now.  The amount of work that is required to keep your site in the first few hundred search results is a PITB.
Just a few things that i have noticed.  To keep your site findable make sure that you change something on it frequently. Daily is good.  It takes more time to take and post a pic than it does to make the pen.  By doing the site myself the cost is minimal in terms of money, but down right expensive in terms of time.  I get enough sales to pay for the site but that is about it.  I guess that we all need a place that people can look. 
We all owe Al a debt of gratitude for this forum and the opportunities it affords us.  THANKS AL!!!! ( and the moderators)
Bill

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 01:41:16 PM »
Yea Bill, your comments about the amount of time to get a site up and running and then maintained, is exactly why my little site hasn't had a thing done to it in over a year. I need to get something going, but just never seem to find the time to do it. Rather, I don't want to find the time to do it.
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Offline Heirloom

• New Forum Member
  • PASS IT ON
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 09:00:20 PM »
he toughest part for me is keeping up with the pictures ad shopping cart. I can loose the better part of 1/2 day or more just doing that.
Brian Warner
Heirloom Game Calls
 PASS IT ON
318-949-9008
heirloomgamecalls@yahoo.com