Author Topic: Info on raised panel checkering?  (Read 7322 times)

Offline HVF21221

• New Forum Member
Info on raised panel checkering?
« on: January 16, 2008, 07:45:06 PM »
Does anyone have pics or a tutorial on how to do raised panel checkering? I understand how regular checkering is done. Thanks, Howard

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
Re: Info on raised panel checkering?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 07:56:48 PM »
I don't, but if you give Mikey a shout at cscustomcalls@charter.net and tell him I sent you, he might be able to help you some.

One of the best places to look at these calls is on the Callmakers and Collectors Association of America's web site

http://www.ccaacalls.org/

They post many of the entrants to the facny call contest and there were some there last time I was drooling over there

Al @ THO

PS - welcome to the forum.  We just opened today! 

Offline HVF21221

• New Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 08:18:09 PM »
Thanks for the welcome and the info. I was turning AR style duck calls back in 2000 and I am getting back into call making when the duck season is over here on the Chesapeake Bay next Sat. Diver hunting has been very slow and I'm hoping the colder weather coming in will heat up the hunting for the last week. After that I am ready to try some new call making. I want to try a goose call, deer grunt, and try working with acrylic. I'm sure I will be checking here for info and supplies. I also got a new lathe to work on.

Howard

Offline Al_at_THO Game Calls

• Owner, THO Game Calls Forums & Store
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »
I should have the acrylic tutorial up by the weekend.  If I can help you with that let me know.  Acrylic is not what people make it out to be.  If you can turn wood, you can turn acrylic.  I really like the sharp sound of acrylic calls. 

AL @ THO

Offline Braz

• THO Game Calls Asst Forum Manager
  • Administrator
  • New Forum Member
    • Calls by Braz
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 08:37:16 PM »
And acrylic has so many wonderful colors that it is hard not to make a call that someone falls in love with. Me for example.  ;D
Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”