Author Topic: Need some advice  (Read 12272 times)

Offline Heirloom

• New Forum Member
  • PASS IT ON
Re: Need some advice
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 10:21:52 PM »
Not really Glen, it's mostly air. The walls are about 1/4 inch thick. The handle helps too I think
Brian Warner
Heirloom Game Calls
 PASS IT ON
318-949-9008
heirloomgamecalls@yahoo.com

Offline HaMeR

• New Forum Member
    • brightwoodturnings
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 10:27:40 PM »
Thats good to know. I know white oak is kinda dense & does carry some weight with it. But I highly doubt Calvin will even notice the weight. He's gonna be tickled when he gets it. I hope you have a camera there when he opens the box up.  ;D
RIP Russ,Blaine,& Darrell!!

Glen

2014-15TBC-- 11

Offline Heirloom

• New Forum Member
  • PASS IT ON
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 09:00:24 PM »
I'll be sending it upto him in the next few days. Calvin's not much of a camera kinda guy. Kinda looks like Festus on Gunsmoke. But I know he will appreciate it. We've been friends now for almost 10 years on-line. When I was sick with tcancer and the heart bypasses, he called me EVERY day with out fail. I'm so angry at his Dr right now, I'm sort of afraid to go up. I might choke him. He let Calvin's body build up to this massive stroke. He was having TIAs they think and the Dr told Calvin it was a pinched nerve, kidney infection, or liver function maybe. EVEN sent him to the dentist to get looked at fr it. He would get so he couldn't stand, talk or anything for awhile then it would go away. Classic signs of an on coming stroke. He wouldn't even SEE Calvin until he got $185.00 for the difference between the medicade/medicare payment and his normal fee.
I'm sorry, I'm just really upset about this Dr.. A couple of Calvin's other friends are looking into that though, It's what they do and they're doing it "probono" for Calvin. Thanks for letting me vent a bit. Sorry if I offended anyone.
Brian Warner
Heirloom Game Calls
 PASS IT ON
318-949-9008

Offline John_NY

• New Forum Member
  • I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy
    • J.B. Calls
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 09:10:19 PM »
I liked old Festus. We all gotta vent sometime so don't worry about that. When it comes to DR's we can all understand how you're feeling.  They're all in it for the money. It kills me when they say they got into medicine to hekp people. They got into it becausae they wanted the big bucks. wow now I'm venting. Time to go out in the shop.  ;D

John
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

JB Custom Calls

Offline Heirloom

• New Forum Member
  • PASS IT ON
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 09:14:17 PM »
I wrote that in the shop John....LOL Got one of them "laptop" thangs....
I just want a Dr who doesn't "PRACTICE" medicine for a change. I want one who's DONE PRACTICING and knows what the heck to do.... :D
Brian Warner
Heirloom Game Calls
 PASS IT ON
318-949-9008

Offline HaMeR

• New Forum Member
    • brightwoodturnings
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 09:36:20 PM »
Brian-- I sent an email to your website about a slate call. Just wondering if it went thru to you.  ;D

Glen

2014-15TBC-- 11

Offline Heirloom

• New Forum Member
  • PASS IT ON
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008, 03:25:58 AM »
no sir it's not in my e-mail. They are all supposed to go to callingalltoms@yahoo.com automatically. The automatic thing-a-ma-bob or doo-hicky must be unplugged or something. I'll check with Tonya on that. Thanks. If you like, you can email me direct too at the address above. and you still have my phone number right??? 318-949-9008
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 03:32:08 AM by Heirloom »
Brian Warner
Heirloom Game Calls
 PASS IT ON
318-949-9008

Offline HaMeR

• New Forum Member
    • brightwoodturnings
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2008, 06:36:21 AM »
OK. I still have your number. If we get rained out today I'll give you a ring later.  ;D Thanks Brian.

Glen

2014-15TBC-- 11

Offline HaMeR

• New Forum Member
    • brightwoodturnings
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2008, 09:18:06 PM »
Hi Brian. It's been a zoo here since Saturday. I'll get with you on the call. I just need some time right now. We have a mess to clean up around here & work just got extra busy with all the wind damage yesterday evening. But I was wondering how the cup went over?? Did Calvin like it??  ;D

Glen

2014-15TBC-- 11

Offline Heirloom

• New Forum Member
  • PASS IT ON
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2008, 10:01:31 PM »
Sorry for being so lax, been flat out as well. I sent the cup to Calvin with the pen last week through a friend who is going to see him this week. The folks tht have seen it are all VERY IMPRESSED. When you get the chance Glen, drop me a PM with your address please. I somehow misplaced it. Take care f everything at home. I can get a call out for you anytime your ready. But I still need your address. Take Care and don't over do it.
Brian Warner
Heirloom Game Calls
 PASS IT ON
318-949-9008